Dr Reardon is known among his colleagues as an inspiring teacher and committed educationalist in medical training. In addition to his routine participation in training new generations of Paediatricians at the National Maternity Hospital, Dublin and at Our Lady's Children's Hospital, Dublin, he has welcomed several overseas graduate students in Clinical Genetics to his clinic for a period of intense training. Dr. Reardon actively participates in the continuing medical education program at the National Maternity Hospital, Dublin and regularly leads Grand Rounds at that hospital.
- Course Co-Director (along with Dian Donnai and Jill Clayton-Smith) of the "Manchester Dysmorphology Training Course" 2009-2016 under the aegis of the European Society of Human Genetics (next course April 19-21, 2016)
- Invited speaker at the Inaugural Workshop in Applied Genomic Medicine, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto (May 9-11, 2016)
- Clinical Supervisor of several Geneticists in training who have spent time working with Dr Reardon as part of their career development.
- Over 20 trainees in Paediatric and/or Clinical Genetics have written their first published paper under Dr. Reardon's tutilage.
- Examination of higher degree theses at the invitation of several Universities in Europe.
- Grand Round presentations at National Maternity Hospital, Dublin, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London.
- Regular reviewer for several international journals.